News & Events
* Warwick Working Together: a growing number of leaders are exploring ways to bring people together, across differences, to work through issues of diversity. On Tuesday, March 20 at 6:00pm, join us to discover how our diverse experiences have shaped us, divided us, and linked us. Through dialogue, we may come to understand each other better and begin to find ways to move toward a more perfect union. Beverly Braxton will moderate the discussion. Register here.
* Hudson River Art Lecture: join us on Wednesday, March 21 at 6:30pm for an illuminating lecture on Thomas Cole and the art of the Hudson River School. The Hudson River School was a mid-19th century American art movement embodied by a group of landscape painters whose aesthetic vision was influenced by romanticism, and whose paintings reflect three themes of 19th century America: discovery, exploration, and settlement. This discussion explores its founder, Thomas Cole, as well as Church and Durand, and the importance of European masters Turner and Constable. An excellent primer for visiting the Thomas Cole exhibit currently on display at the Metropolitan Museum of Art. Register here.
* Climate Change and Organic Gardening: with its extreme temperatures accompanied by damaging winds and erratic precipitation, climate change promises to challenge traditional growing methods. On Saturday, March 24 at 12:30, join Gar Wang to learn organic gardening strategies to help manage these conditions. Register here today.
* AWPL Annual Tax Levy Vote: registered voters of the Warwick Valley Central School District are eligible to vote on the Library's proposed tax levy for fiscal year 2018-2019 on Tuesday, April 10, 2018 from 9:00am-9:00pm at AWPL. A public hearing will be held on Tuesday, March 27 at 7:00pm. Please see full details here.
* College Scholarships: the Albert Wisner Public Library Foundation is delighted to announce its 12th annual college scholarship essay competition, open to any high school senior who resides in the Warwick Valley Central School District. Please find the topic, guidelines and submission deadline here.
Sunday, March 18, 2018 - 2:00pm to 3:00pm
02:00 PM to 03:00 PM
Monday, March 19, 2018 - 11:00am to 1:00pm
11:00 AM to 01:00 PM
Monday, March 19, 2018 - 1:00pm to 4:00pm
01:00 PM to 04:00 PM